Everyone is back where they should be after the Easter holidays and suddenly I find myself on on my own for a couple of days. Although I have things I should be getting on with, I decide to take a break and do some painting and drawing.
So, this is how a near perfect day on my own goes:
- Go to the art shop and buy a couple of sheets of lovely 300gsm watercolour paper.
- Stop off on the way home at Morston quay and buy a cup of coffee from the National Trust shop.
- Drink coffee and take in the view and general hustle and bustle (boats being put in the water for the first time this year, dog walkers, seal boats loading up to take people out to Blakeney Point). Enjoy the sunshine.
- Follow the path along the creek and across the marsh with sketchbook and pencil in hand.
- Stop every now and again and draw what catches the eye.
- Get out painting equipment, put on music (Bach, Brandenburg Concerto’s) and spend the rest of the afternoon painting (keep half an eye on the morning’s drawings but paint mainly from memory).